Register to vote
Before you can vote, you must register to vote. In order to register to vote you must be,
- A Citizen of the United States of America
- A resident of Arizona for 29 days
- 18 years of age or more on or before the day of the next regular General Election
- Not be a convicted felon, unless your civil rights have been restored
- Must not have been adjudicated incompetent
If this is your first time registering to vote in Arizona or you have moved to another county in Arizona, your voter registration form must also include proof of citizenship. If you have an Arizona driver license or non-operating identification card issued after October 1, 1996, all you’ll need is your driver license number. If you do not have a driver license or state-issued i.d., see below for alternative forms of proof.\
Ways to register.
Online : You may register online using Service Arizona EZ Voter Registration by clicking (here) and follow the instructional steps. Note: In order to use this link you must have an Arizona Driver License and/or an Arizona non-operating Identification Card issued by the Motor Vehicle Division (MVD) on or after October 1st, 1996. Upon successful completion of the online EZ Voter registration, you will receive a confirmation number. The confirmation number is your receipt the information you entered has been accepted and changed.
Print a Form: You may obtain a printable form online, fill in the form, print the form, sign and date it, affix the proper postage and mail the form to the County Recorder of the county in which you are a legal resident.
By Mail : You may request an Arizona Voter Registration form from the County Recorder in the county in which you are a legal resident.
In Person : You may visit the County Recorder in the county in which you are a legal resident and complete an Arizona Voter Registration form.
If not, you must attach proof of citizenship to the form. Only one acceptable form of proof is needed to register to vote. The following is a list of acceptable documents to establish your citizenship:
- A legible photocopy of a birth certificate that verifies citizenship and supporting legal documentation (i.e. marriage certificate) if the name on the birth certificate is not the same as your current legal name
- A legible photocopy of pertinent pages of a United States passport identifying the applicant
- Presentation to the County Recorder of United States naturalization documents or fill in your Alien Registration Number in box 19 on the front of this form
- The applicant’s Bureau of Indian Affairs Card Number, Tribal Treaty Card Number, or Tribal Enrollment Number in box 16 on the front of the voter registration form
- A legible photocopy of a driver license or non-operating identification from another state within the United States if the license indicates that the applicant has provided satisfactory proof of citizenship
- A legible photocopy of a Tribal Certificate of Indian Blood or Tribal or Bureau of Indian Affairs Affidavit of Birth.